1. In 2011 Apple had more money in the bank than the US treasury. Although the US government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion, Steve Jobs had more. $76.2 billion to be precise. Maybe the penniless government should start selling iPads instead.
2. The new iPad’s super sharp retina display is made by none other than Samsung - arguably Apple’s biggest rival.
3. In 2013, 53% of Apples sales came from the iPhone with 37 million of them sold per quarter. That’s 411,00 iPhones sold in a day!
4. When the Apple 1 computer first went on sale it was sold for $666.66. Slightly creepy. Also it consisted of just a motherboard with CPU, RAM and basic textual-video chips - less than what is today considered a complete personal computer.
5. Siri keeps a record of every single thing you ask her, storing it for analysis for up to two years. Oh god, now we’re scared.
6. Apple also had another co-founder called Ronald Wayne, who sold all his shares in 1976 for $800. Today, those same shares would have been worth around $35billion. Gutting.
7. Apple owns the patent for slide to unlock. Yes, that feature that most smartphones use these days instead of a code. Apple has tried (and failed) to protest, and at one point even sued Motorola for their tap-to-unlock opening, claiming that “a tap was a zero length swipe”. Yeah, the judge thought it was stupid, too.
8. Often described as the “conscience of the company”, Steve Wozniak sold 80,000 of his own Apple shares at significantly reduced rates to employees after he felt bad that they received unfair portions of the stock.
9. Apple puts its new employees on fake projects to test whether they are reliable. In fact, constant tests are apparently still being run on long-time employees and some interviews have been known to go on for over nine months. So you could literally have a baby before you found out whether you got that job at Apple.
10. The original logo featured Isaac Newton, and looks more like a 16th century sketch than a sophisticated logo of a brand estimated to be worth around $260 billion (at time of writing).
15 aufregende Weihnachtsdeals und Geschenkideen
This Is Why You Should And Should Not Get A Self-driving Car
Is This The End For Apple?
Fashion Meets Tech In Milan’s Design Week In The Best Way
What Are The Big Consumer Electronic Events This Spring?
Top 5 Must Download Apps Of The Week
It’s Time For You To Change, Says Google
Apps That Will Make You More Useful
What Your Zodiac Sign Says About Your Phone Use
hp spectre 13
World's Thinnest Laptop Has Sexy And Stylish Design
Holiday Gift Guide
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Tech Enthusiasts
Cyber Monday 2017: Top Tech Gadgets at Killer Prices
How To Get the Coolest Black Friday and Cyber Monday Tech Deals
The Top 9 Budget Phones with Premium Specs